I run a feature on my blog called
Author to Business Owner
where I interview authors about the business of writing.
If you would like to be interviewed, please be my guest!
Email me at Carol (at) TaxesForWriters (dot) com the following:
1. Share your
- book title (most recent book or most popular title-it’s up to you)
2. Answer the following questions
- Tell us what you write (genre, titles, etc)
- Do you write full time or do you still have a day job or outside income?
- What is your business structure (sole prop, partnership, nonprofit, corporation, etc)?
3. Pick at 3-5 more questions to answer
- What was your big break?
- Share a brief summary of your writing career.
- What business mistake did you make and what have you learned?
- Have you ever hired a CPA? (if yes) How does your CPA help you?
- Share some helpful business tools you like.
- How do you do your record keeping (on paper, QuickBooks, use a bookkeeper, etc)
- What are your future plans for your business?
- How are you improving your business?
- What do you love about being a business owner?
- What do you hate about business?
- What advice to you have for other authors about being a business owner?
4. Attach (jpg or gif file preferred; low res for easy upload, please) or refer me to your website if I can grab the graphics there.
- a headshot
- your book cover
Thanks for submitting your interview!
Email it to me at Carol (at) TaxesForWriters (dot) com
You’ll probably hear back from me or my assistant, Danielle, very soon!
I will try, but I can’t guarantee that I will use your interview.
I reserve the right to omit any part of the interview or omit a cover image.
I will accept interviews from authors that write family-friendly fiction, nonfiction, children, YA, business, religion, biography, history, etc.
I do not accept erotica, adult themes, or pornography, so don’t bother.