Writer/Blogger Consultation

If you are a writer, blogger or freelancer, you should concentrate on running your business and get a competent CPA to help you answer questions.

I offer the following services to writers:

  • Tax Review: Review a prior year tax return during off season (May-December)
  • Tax Questions answered by email $50/hour (minimum $25) or by phone $100/hour (minimum $50)
  • Phone consultation with a writer, blogger or freelancer. $100/hour.

(I am not taking new tax preparation clients at this time, but I can help you find a local tax preparer, and I will do phone consultations).

Articles on record keeping for writers and bloggers

Small Business Startup Guide

I share this 11 page guide with many of my clients who are starting a business. It’s short but sweet with information about basic record keeping, deductible expenses and even a sheet to summarize all their expenses at tax time!

Small Business Start Up Guide

Small Business Expense Form

Many writers and bloggers do their own record keeping and only need a CPA services to prepare their tax return.  This one page form is helpful for summarizing all small business expenses making tax preparation easier and less costly.

Small Business Expenses Form

Record keeping Spreadsheet for Writers

Use this Excel spreadsheet to record your income and expenses (including mileage) through out the year. It helps you see how much profit you are making and your tax preparer will love your organization!

Record keeping spreadsheet